As the weather starts to warm up, it's time to start thinking about Spring cleaning and home maintenance! Here are some tips to give your home a little TLC and to keep your home in tip top shape:
- Clean gutters and downspouts to prevent water damage from a build up of debris. This is an important task that shouldn't be overlooked.
- Check the roof for any damage that may have occurred over the winter and have it repaired. This will help maximize the expected life of your roof and prevent potential damage that could occur if left unattended.
- Check your HVAC system and have it serviced. After working hard all winter, it's a good idea to have a professional make sure the system is still running property. They can also change the filters and do any necessary cleaning for you.
- Inspect the plumbing under sinks, around toilets, and in the basement or crawlspace for any leaks or signs of moisture. Water damage can become costly if it's not repaired.
- Clean and seal your decks and patios to extend the lifespan (and for maximum enjoyment for the upcoming patio season!)
- Clean the windows and doors, and powerwash the exterior of your home. You'll have your home looking fresh in no time.
- Do some spring gardening to get your yard in shape for the summer. Rake debris, plant new flowers, mow the lawn, and add new mulch. Your home will have great curb appeal.
Spring maitenance helps to keep your home in good condition, looking amazing, and can add value in the future! Maintaining the systems in your home can also prevent costly repairs down the road.
Do you need recommendations for professionals to do the maintenance for you? I have some great connections that I'd be happy to share. Just reach out!
As a bonus tip, regularly check your attic for discolouration. Discolouration and mould are very common in the Comox Valley, but can be prevented and are easily treatable if caught early. It's worth the extra effort to avoid future issues!